I’m going to be brutally honest here. I’ve given up on goals forever!
Goals are overrated, overwritten, oversimplified, overglorified and overwhelming! And they don’t work!
To me goals have always seemed to be these ephemeral targets out in the sky. They were something pretty to shoot for, but never attainable. Or if I did attain them, they were short lived, quickly disinigrated like a dry sand castle being hit by the wind.
I don’t know about you, but those aren’t the kind of results I want.
But what does work is “intention.” And by being intentional about everything I do, I’m building new habits, (like exercising regularly) getting rid of old ones (like overeating), and making lasting change.
So this is a few of my intentions.
- I intend on paying off all of my debts by December 2012.
- I intend on getting back into size 6 by July of 2010.
- I intend on writing a best selling book on marketing to be launched in September of 2010.
- I intend on becoming known as the expert in the field of marketing for independent business owners.
- I intend on buying a red 2010 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible Coupe with cash within 2 years.
- I intend on strengthening the relationships I have and building new ones.
There’s more, but I guarantee I will accomplish all of these things. So let me ask you this, what are your intentions?