Every now and then I like to brainstorm story ideas that can be of value to journalists. Here are some Mother’s Day story ideas. If you are a journalist, feel free to use these, no need to contact me. If you would like to see if I have any experts available that can help with any of the stories you are working on, check out my experts page.
Facts about Mother’s Day:
- Mother’s Day was first celebrated by Anna Jarvis in 1908 who then campaigned to make it a national holiday: Source: History.com
- Mother’s Day always falls on the second Sunday in May.
- Mother’s Day is the most popular holiday to dine out in the US, with 80 million Americans expected to eat out. Source: National Restaurant Association
- Mother’s Day is the 2nd largest consumer spending holiday in the US. Source: National Retail Federation
- Mother’s Day is the 3rd largest greeting card sending holiday in the US. Source: Hallmark.com
Mother’s Day Story Ideas
- Mother’s Making a Difference
- The Changing Face of Mom (then and now)
- Just How Healthy is that Mother’s Day Brunch?
- Healthy Mother’s Day Choices
- The Worst Foods on The Mother’s Day Brunch Table
- How to Make Healthy Choices at the Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet
- Kids Reveal The Funny things that Moms Say (Done in the style of Kids Say the Darndest Things)