I’ve written about creative contest ideas for marketing several times because they can be a low cost, no cost way to market your business. However, not all contests are created equal. Before you run any kind of marketing contest it’s important to understand the laws.
Here’s is an excellent blog post on contest law by Sara Hawkins on the Social Media Examiner. While her post is mostly about social media contests, the information applies to all other marketing contests as well. Be aware of the laws in your state before you have your own contests.
- 5 Tips for Running Fan-tastic Facebook Contests (23kazoos.com)
- Creative Marketing Ideas for September (23kazoos.com)
- Creative Marketing Ideas for September 2011 (23kazoos.com)
- HOW TO: Successfully Run a Social Media Contest (mashable.com)
- 4 Reasons Why Contests Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy (mashable.com)
- Smart contests part 1: How to design a successful Facebook contest (smartblogs.com)