There are several events that are going to occur in 2013 that you could piggyback on and get your own media attention if you come up with the right angle.
The pregnancy of Britain’s Kate Middleton (The Duchess of Cambridge) and subsequent birth of the royal baby will be a huge opportunity for publicity for PR savvy companies. Tweet this
Story ideas that you could play off of include:
- Parenting tips for the Prince William and Princess Catherine
- Maternity Styles fit for a princess
- Toys for the new prince or princess
- Eating Tips for the Mom to Be
- Best names for the new baby
- Breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, pros, cons, tips..
- Breastfeeding in public.
- Moms in the workplace, taking your baby to work
- The role of dads at home
- Pets and babies tips… (Prince William and Kate adopted a Cocker Spaniel named Lupo)
- Household safety
- Carseat safety
Another major event that will certainly garner a lot of media attention is the
2013 Super Bowl.
The 2013 Super Bowl will be held on February 3rd in New Orleans for the first time since Hurricane Katrina.
Story Ideas Include:
- Foods for the big game
- How to throw a big game party
- Predictions of winners
How can you tie your expertise into any of these two events? If you can, you might find yourself interviewed in the news!
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Expecting First Child (celebuzz.com)
- Duchess of Cambridge ‘will take maternity leave’ from royal duties after baby is born next year (telegraph.co.uk)
- Your Quick and Easy 2013 Small Business Marketing Plan (23kazoos.com)