There’s probably never been a better time to start up your own business than during this economic recession. Technology is so advanced and affordable; you can virtually outsource every aspect of your business for minimal cost.
With that in mind, here is a list of 43 virtual business tools that will not only get your small business up and running, but will help take you out of the business administration tasks so you can focus on what you should be doing; growing your business.
- Bill My Clients.com- Create and print invoicing online.
- Freshbooks.com– The fastest way to track time and bill your clients.
- Go To Billing-Create and send invoices, CRM, gift cards, and more.
- Harvest– Track time, log expenses, invoice clients, keep track of account receivables and revenue.
- Help Me Work– Client invoicing and collection, payroll administration.
- The UPS Store. Get a real business address, not a P.O. Box.
- Moo Online Printing Print custom business cards, mini cards, postcards and more. Ecofriendly.
- U Printing.com-Discount online printer
- Enterpreneur – The leading small business magazine and website
- SBA Small Business Resource Center– Everything you need to know to start a business, business plan, financing, and more.
- SCORE: Counselors to America’s Small Business- Planning resources and support.
- Start Up Nation: -Resources by and for entrepreneurs
- Jott -Send yourself a voicemail, get it translated to text. Also voicemail to text.
- Neptuned-Web based tool based on David Allen’s “Getting Things Done.”
- My New Company– Get your LLC, Incorporate, business filings.
- My Stickie– Sticky notes for web pages so you don’t forget what you were looking at.
- Work Etc.– CRM software solution including time tracking, documents, project management, billing and calendars.
Customer Relationship Management
- High Rise-Track your leads, contacts and deals with HighRise. Starts at $29 a month, can be integrated with Blackberry.
- Oprius -Contact Management Software for Independent Sales Professionals, starts at just 14.99 a month.
- Zoho- Contact Management, Email, autoresponders and more, integrates with Outlook. Free edition available.
- Call Ruby -A real, live, virtual receptionist to answer your phones.
- Elance– is an online project marketplace where you post your job, and freelancers bid on it. You award the project to anyone who fits your criteria. There are thousands of registered experts from all over the world on Elance in categories including graphic and web design, virtual assistants, editors, software designers, and more.
- Get Friday– Your own personal virtual assistant. Can do practically anything! (Within reason!)
- Virtual Assistants Networking: Virtual assistants can handle practically any task that you wish including scheduling and confirming appointments, calendar management, online research, writing your newsletter or blog, follow up with clients, design simple web pages, book travel, data entry and more. If you can think of it, and if it’s legal, chances are you can find a Virtual Assistant who can help. VA Networking is similar to Elance in that you post your project and virtual assistants bid on it.
As a start up, your number one responsibility is going to be marketing your business. But if marketing is not your area of expertise, or not something you enjoy doing, or if you just need a little help, you can outsource it.
- Amazing Mail– Is a direct mail, and mailing list provider that makes it fun and easy to send postal mail to prospects and clients.
- AWeber.com – Email Marketing, Auto Responders, RSS to email.
- Blog Talk Radio -Get your own free talk radio show. Records the show for download.
- FeedBlitz- Automated RSS and Email Marketing. So easy, a blogger can set it up!
- Mail Chimp.– Email Marketing that’s fun! Free account available.
- Name This-If you’re struggling with coming up with a business name, product name, or tagline, Name This can help.
- Survey Monkey– The Simple way to create online surveys.
- Talk Shoe-Conference call on steroids. Record the call for later use. These hosted Community Calls can be discussions, conversations, talk shows and podcasts.
- Vertical Response With Vertical Response you can send email marketing newsletters, online surveys, and direct mail.
- WordPress.com – Create your own free webpage in minutes.
- Wufuu.com- Create contact forms, online surveys and email invites!
- My Computer Works– Your own virtual helpdesk. Make your computer problems disappear!
- Mozy-Online backup, simple, automatic, secure.
- GotVMail.com You don’t need to get a separate cell phone or landline for your business, instead, use a virtual phone system. With GotVMail.com you can get your own local or 800 number, unlimited extensions, personalized voicemail, call forwarding and more. Email or text notification when messages received. Starts at 9.95 a month.
- Got Voice– Read your voicemails over your phone.
- PhoneTag– Voicemail converted to text messages.
- Ring Central-Virtual receptionist, internet telephone, multiple lines, local or 800 number, fax available.
Do you have some favorite virtual business tools that your business couldn’t f unction without? What are they? Post a comment to let us know!