Here’s an interesting article about 11 Web Marketing and Social Media Trends That Will Shape 2014
Here are the trends that they see increasing in 2014
- Mobile goes mainstream
- Niche Sites are the place to be
- Blogging drives traffic and leads
- Elimination of spammy content
- Rise of Google +
- Triggered emails generate sales
- Word of mouth marketing more important than ever
- Image sites like Pinterest will continue to grow
- Video as a valuable content delivery platform
- Social Sharing
- Add Value
I agree with all but one of these. While Google + will continue to grow as a search engine optimization tool, I don’t see it being used as a new prospect acquisition tool as audiences are too fragmented between the multitude of social media platforms, and too overwhelmed with the abundance of content. Frankly I see people continuing to tune out of social media in 2014. Aren’t you?
- Deliver on your promises. Then go above and beyond. In these days of crappy customer service (hey, have you ever tried to get a hold of Google?) people are looking for businesses that will do what they say they will do, and then some. Customers will be loyal to those businesses that deliver results and service.
- Cultivate your email list and use it. Email is still one of the least expensive ways to communicate with your customers and prospects and it’s inexpensive. Plus practically everyone uses email.
- Don’t rely solely on social media for your marketing outreach. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, etc. all have the same things in common; limited (and decreasing) reach due to increased users and spammers, as well as lack of reach for businesses as a result of platform algorithm changes.
- Consider some old fashioned marketing techniques to attract new customers. Direct mail still works when done correctly. Don’t believe me? Ask me about the $1000 direct mail campaign we recently sent out on behalf of a client that generated $5,000 worth of business (so far).
If this is the year that you are going to get serious about marketing your business, I invite you to check out my website http://www.23Kazoos.com and then contact me. I’d be happy to talk to you about your 2014 marketing goals and how to achieve them.